Earlier in the fall, we picked a big box of apples at our neighbors, and we’ve been making this apple cake about once a week since then. The recipe is from Vegan Richa.
Here are some notes on changes we made:
– didn’t make the custard topping
– substituted extra applesauce for the oil
– substituted maple syrup for sugar
– added a little extra flour. We used oat and almond flour.
– added 1/2 c of rolled oats
– added 2 apples instead of 1
– sprinkled 2-3 tbsp of sucanat (unrefined sugar with more of a molasses flavor) on top of the batter before baking
– added extra cinnamon to the batter and the apples